This chickpea curry recipe is a simple, filling, protein-packed meal that you can easily prep on a Sunday and have meals for almost every day of the week!
Curries always seemed difficult to me, since you had to blend spices perfectly to get that desired flavour. Luckily, Taj Mahal's curry paste makes everything a million times easier. Instead of worrying over whether you have the right spices, or when to add them - sub in our curry pastes and you're golden!
SERVINGS: 4 / PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
- 1-2 tbsp Everland Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- ½ cup Everland Garbanzo Beans (Chick Peas)
- 1 can Everland Coconut Milk
- ½ cup chopped cilantro (more or less to taste)
- ¼ cup Taj Mahal Madras Curry Paste (Can sub mild or hot curry pastes)
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- Everland Basmati Rice (to serve underneath curry)
- Fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic, onion and bell peppers. Cook until tender.
- Stir in Taj Mahal Madras Curry Paste and then add Everland Chick Peas, chopped tomatoes Everland Coconut Milk and cilantro.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then cover your pot and let simmer for about 45 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready once the chick peas are nice and tender.
- Serve over top of a bed of rice and enjoy!