Say "bye-bye" to bland old baked potatoes, and say "hello" to a sweet and savory mixture of mexican flavours...enter: the loaded sweet potato.
We're pulling out all of the stops with beans, salsa and homemade cashew sour cream (yeah, you heard that right!). Super easy to prep and takes almost no effort to cook, now that's what we like to hear. Get ready for a fiesta of flavours!
SERVINGS: 1 / PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
- 1 medium to large sweet potato
- ¼ cup Everland Whole Cashews
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Elimento Garlic Powder
- ½ cup beans, cooked (any type of bean you prefer)
- ½ cup of spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup salsa
- A handful of fresh cut tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of chopped green onion
- cashew sour cream
- To keep this recipe simple, we microwaved our sweet potato for about 8 to 10 minutes (make sure you poke holes in it first) – flipping half way through. Feel free to bake your sweet potato in the oven if you prefer (set oven to 400° and bake for about 45 mins to an hour).
- Once your potato is cooked, let it cool until it’s ok to touch and cut in half. Feel free to mash up the middle a bit to create a well for our other toppings.
- For the cashew sour cream put the cashews, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic powder in a blender and blend until smooth.*
- Mix together beans, tomato, spinach, and salsa then spoon mixture over top of halved sweet potato.
- Pour the cashew sour cream over top. Serve and enjoy!