New World Breakfast Muesli Cake
We like experimenting and trying new ways of eating Muesli.
Since the oats in these aren't baked, we decided to put them into our Breakfast Bake!
We made a cake full of good fibers, and nutritious ingredients, that are sure to keep you full for a long period of time. It looks pretty, feeds many and is a delight to eat.
Can be made for Vegans & Gluten Free Members of the World.
- 1 1/4 Cups Hot Water
- 1 1/2 Cup New World Fruit & Nut Muesli
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil/Butter
- 1 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 3/4 Cups All-purpose flour or Whole Wheat (Sift it) (or gluten free flour)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Flax Egg/or Egg
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Get a 9" Pan ready.
2. Have two mixing bowls, one for liquid, and one for dry. For liquid, mix hot water and 1 Cup granola; mix well. Add the other liquids in as well. Keep the remaining on the side. You will use that at the end.
3. Get your Flax Egg ready. 1:3 Ratio on the side.
4. In your second bowl, add all your flours and dry ingredients, mix well for everything to disperse evenly.
5. Add everything into one bowl and mix. Don't over mix, as you don't want to lose any air created. Pour into your lined pan and top off with dry granola on top.
6. Bake for 20 - 25 Minutes. Keep on the middle rack. Check with a fork in the middle if done.
7. Let it cool, then add desired toppings. On this cake we have raspberry jam coconut yogurt, raspberries, and lemon zest.
- Recipe by Sita Walia
Eat for BREAKFAST, TEA TIME OR AFTER DINNER DESSERT.